The quest for scholarships can be intimidating and overwhelming at times. Starting the process can often be the most difficult part. The goal of the Launch Manistee Scholarship clearinghouse is to bring some ease to the process by compiling local scholarships (county, region, and state) in one place as well as other national scholarships that are worthwhile to explore. We are also providing additional resources through links to scholarship search engines and tips for financial preparation for college.
The list includes tabs which note the type of scholarships. These tabs include:
- County-specific high schools/districts
- Local scholarship opportunities
- Manistee County Community Foundation
- National scholarships
- Michigan college specific scholarships
- Out-of-state college specific
- Maybe you qualify?,
- Current undergraduate scholarships.
Please click here for the link to the 2017-18 Launch Manistee Scholarship Clearinghouse information.
This scholarship information will be updated as additional information is shared with Launch Manistee during the 2017-18 school year. Please check back often!
Here are suggestions to get started:
- Target those scholarships you are interested in and write out a timeline for completing the required actions.
- Set due dates prior to the actual due dates to make sure that you get everything in.
- Make sure your submission was received; check the submission guidelines and be persistent, if need be, about receiving a confirmation that they received your application if you submitted via email (it shows you care).
- Write essays in your “own true voice”. Ask others (teachers, parents) to look the essay over for grammatical errors and flow, but make sure the essay remains “yours”.
- Some scholarship applications may also request references. In the case that you need references, ask people who have known you for an extended period of time or long enough to have a good feel of your character, work ethic, abilities, etc. and can articulate their thoughts well.
- Give your references plenty of time, and ask if you can return to them for multiple references so that they keep what they write up for you.
- When you ask your references if they are willing to be your reference, make sure to gather the following information: their full name, job title, company name, email and contact numbers.
- Keep your reference information in a log and keep this up to date- you need to remember who recommended you for what.
- Thank your references and let them know if you received the scholarships.
New this year
Launch Manistee has purchased 100 codes for students to access the Scholly scholarship matching and management platform and shared them with area counselors. Please see your school counselor for information. Visit https://myscholly.com/ for more information.
Scholly, the scholarship-matching and management platform — Scholly – Scholarship Search Tool and College Scholarship Finder App
ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT FROM WEB OR APP
FIND SCHOLARSHIPS MEANT FOR YOU, FAST
TRACK STATUS & DEADLINES WITH EASE
BENEFIT FROM WINNING ESSAYS & ADVICE
Scholly is the boldest and baddest scholarship matching platform out there. It’s simple, accurate, and full of scholarship management tools. Made by students for students, we know what it’s like to have to search for scholarships. The money is free, the impact is real, the app is Scholly. With over $50 million in scholarship awards won, here’s to helping you achieve your potential!